Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Enjoying Life

Years ago, a friend of mine sent me a Ted Talk on the Wonder Woman pose. The talk is actually about much more than that, but this is what I call it. The speaker talks about faking it till you make it, having strong body language and empowering ourselves. 

I watch this video every six months or so, to remember to be strong. It helps remind me to go into situations that scare me with confidence and poise. This video gives me determination, courage, energy and spirit in a huge variety of situations.

I have also found a few other things to help me enjoy life more.
  • A festive playlist: It is full of loud, crazy and upbeat songs. If I am heading to a dinner, happy hour or party that I am not all that excited about, I throw on this playlist for the drive to the event.  By the time I arrive, I feel enthusiastic and ready to have a wonderful time.
  • Positive quotes: I have a collection of quotes that inspire me.  I keep a file of them and refer to them whenever I need a quick boost.  They are a good reminder to be happy, count my blessings, and enjoy life.  
  • Cat videos:
    • I have a great cat leaping video that makes me laugh each and every time I watch it.  It never gets old.  It just reminds to always be willing to try, even if I don't make it.
    • I have another wonderful cat video that I watch whenever I need to be reminded that I should always share joy.  If I appreciate what someone is doing for me, let them know.  Even if I sound a little crazy doing it - the person I am "rewarding" probably enjoys my enthusiasm.
Find whatever brings you joy and make it a permanent part of your life. Make it easily available and repeat it often. No one can ever have too much joy.

If you found delight in this blog, please check out:  


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue! Great post with great tips. I found the Ted Talk you referred to, loved the message! Keep up the great blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment. Glad you enjoyed the video and my blogs. Appreciate your reading them.

      Delete

Packing for a trip

I was enjoying dinner with a friend the other day.  We were discussing traveling.  I love traveling and we occasionally share stories about ...