Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Vacation Memories...Treasure the Experiences

Traveling is one of my passions.  I have been lucky enough to travel often (and hopefully, I will get to travel again next year).  I have gotten to take some larger trips and spend time overseas. I have also been truly blessed and taken trips with my family and friends.

These trips have given me amazing memories. 

After one of my first trips, I was discussing with a friend how to best capture these memories in a way that I could view them often and remember all the great times.  She suggested a memory trip collage. I hadn't heard of such a thing... but I was certainly open to the idea. I had picked up various brochures of attractions we visited, business cards or menus of restaurants we enjoyed, along with other tickets, flyers and such from the trip. She suggested that I cut these up and create a collage of them.  I loved the idea.

I took a map of the area we visited and used that as the base. I trimmed the various items and laid them around the map.  I glued everything down and then put the collage in a nice glass frame.  I hung my first trip collage on the wall at the top of my stairs.  It was perfect.  I smile every time I go up the stairs and see the reminder of the amazing trip.

We have filled the wall with trip collages and we had to put our last trip on a new wall.  I love the constant reminders of all the places I have seen, the attractions we visited and the good food we enjoyed.

I stop occasionally and really take a deep look at a random one ... and remember all the small things that made the trip spectacular.


3 comments:

  1. That is very cool Sue!! I normally just make a photo book but your collage wall looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The collages are always fun to revisit. I sincerely hope you get to travel again THIS year!

    ReplyDelete

Packing for a trip

I was enjoying dinner with a friend the other day.  We were discussing traveling.  I love traveling and we occasionally share stories about ...